Imagine this, it’s late at night and there’s nothing really good on television. You flip through channels and there they are – infomercials.
Infomercials are like extended versions of television commercials. It can appear like a talk show and can contain testimonials from supposedly satisfied customers. They can last up to 30, or sometimes even 60 minutes.
Infomercials have become a very efficient method of advertising for a variety of businesses. It allows companies to reach their target audience, distinguish themselves from competition and provide more information about their product or service.
Here are some of the reasons why infomercials are as effective as they are, even if you don’t realize it:
1. Infomercials are usually presented by popular personalities who already have a fan base or following.
2. They are a kind of direct response marketing. Their goal is to entice viewers about a product and convince them to purchase it.
3. They are more versatile in terms of creativity.
4. Because they are aired during off-peak hours, they cater to a certain type of audience.
5. Products from infomercials can be bought in the comfort of someone’s home just by calling.
6. Products sold in infomercials are endorsed by doctors, field experts, celebrities and other influencers.
7. They are convincing because there are people giving testimonials about how effective the product or service is.
8. They can tie multiple products or services in one production.
Even if the products or services that are offered do not appeal to an audience right away, they still end up watching an infomercial solely on the basis of the person presenting it and the other people in the testimonials.
Sometimes, it’s like listening to a song – you don’t like it the first time you hear it. Eventually, it grows on you. It might even become your favorite.
As with infomercials, you might ignore it the first time. But if it’s continuously made available, you can be sure you will end up watching it.