For printable version, click here.
In order for us to give you a proper quote for your legal deposition project, we need to know these necessary details of the program that will impact the time, manpower skills and equipment that we will need.
- Expected duration of the finished video or multimedia program?
- The quality required for capturing the program? (eg. Standard Definition 4:3 or Hi-Definition 16:9)
- Is this project for internal usage, for public viewing, or media broadcast on TV or internet?
- The estimated number of hours of camera filming, and number of cameras simultaneously in use?
- The number of locations for filming, and are they indoors and/or outdoors? Will we be required to film one scenario in one location at a time, or will there be a requirement for additional camera people to film simultaneously in different venues?
- Will filming occur in Toronto or out-of-town (and if so, where)? If out-of-town, will there be an overnight requirement, necessitating accommodations and meals for the client’s and Video Excellence staff? If out-of-town, is there a travel component?
- Does filming occur at a client location, or is there a requirement for a special studio or location rental, and if so, do you wish Video Excellence to secure these?
- Are we filming in a location that could be potentially dangerous to manpower or camera hardware, where additional risk insurance might be required? And if so, will the client or Video Excellence be supplying this?
- In the filming process, is there a requirement for – vhs, or other tape or disc format, and how many copies of each? – timecode (recorded duration) on the vhs copy? – time of day recording?
- Any special lighting needs, ie. natural ambient lighting, or incremental video lighting?
- Any special audio or sound requirements, ie. ambient environmental camera sound, or “wired” for sound? Wireless microphones or wired applications?
- Is there a need for makeup or wardrobe/costume professionals, or will the client supply their own?
- Are location / room props required to be in the film setting, eg. chairs, couches, tables, lamps, etc.? If so, what is required, and will the client be supplying these, or do you require Video Excellence to do so?
- Is there a requirement for meals and refreshments for the client’s and Video Excellence staff? If so, do you wish Video Excellence to arrange for this?
- Is there an editing requirement of the footage that was filmed?
- Are there graphics, text titles, sub-titles, charts, logos, etc., and are they to be static (motionless) or animated?
- Is there an audience of people to be filmed in addition to the main actor? Is the client supplying the audience, or does Video Excellence need to recruit one? Does the sound from the audience need to be captured?
- Are we dealing with one language, or multi-language (international) versions of the program? Will this impact subsequent script translation, graphics translation and additional voiceover(s), and will the client or Video Excellence supply these?
- Is this program for viewing in North America and/or overseas? If international, then which countries?
- The final output? -if disc output, then which format eg. CD or DVD -if for internet viewing or streaming, then which format eg. flash, avi, wmv, Quicktime, Mpeg, etc.
- If CD-ROM or DVD output, then do all of the intended viewers have the appropriate equipment and software to run the program properly?
- The quantity of copies required, and packaging considerations, ie. labels, cases, sleeves, etc.?